Learn how to make your own dark chocolate from the cocoa bean.
The Chocolate & Pastry School is proud to offer the UK’s first bean to bar course. During your two days with us, you will make four different types of origin chocolate which you’ll then temper and mould into bars. Participants receive a signed certificate.
What skills will you learn?
• sorting and cleaning cocoa beans
• roasting cocoa beans
• winnowing of cocoa nibs and shells
• grinding of cocoa nibs into cocoa mass
• pressing cocoa mass into cocoa butter and cocoa powder
• addition of soy lecithin and other ingredients
• refining and conching your chocolate
• chocolate tempering techniques
• tasting your chocolate and recognising how to rectify common issues
Who’s the bean to bar course suitable for?
The bean to bar course has been designed for anyone seeking a practical introduction to making chocolate from the bean. Participants typically have an interest in manufacturing their own chocolate, either as a hobby or to create a chocolate that differentiates from mass produced brands.
About Olivier Nicod
Olivier has over 25 years experience in the chocolate industry. His experience and passion for chocolate production have given him unique insights into how to regulate and adjust the bean to bar process to achieve the optimum balance of flavour, stability and shelf-life.