2. Who We Are
Cocoa Black Limited is the data controller for the purposes of the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation 2021. We are a private limited company incorporated in Scotland, having Company Number SC310529 and offices at Unit 7, Southpark Industrial Estate, Peebles, EH45 9ED. We operate The Chocolate Shop, The Chocolate & Pastry School and an ecommerce website at www.cocoablack.com (the “Services” referred to within this policy).
3. Your Rights
3.1 If you want to know what data we hold on you, you have a legal right to obtain this information from us. You can make a Subject Access Request at any time, in writing, by following this simple process. By law, we have up to 40 days to respond to you and reserve the right to make a small charge for this service.
To make a Subject Access Request please write to the Data Protection Officer at our office address, enclosing a photocopy of a photographic ID (e.g. passport or driving licence) and utility bill (to provide proof of your address). This is to ensure we only send your data to you, or a third party that you expressly authorise in writing to deal with for you.
3.2 If you want to amend the data we hold that’s also very easy to do. We want to make sure we have everything right so please simply contact us to make any amendments to our records.
3.3 You can contact us to make any amendments to your consents. We have to advise you however, that opting out of some data storage will result in a loss of functionality of the website and a reduced user experience.
4. What Information We Collect
We may collect and process different types of information about you. Some of this data is considered to be Personal Data (meaning you can be identified by it) and Anonymous Data (that you cannot be identified from).
4.1 When you sign up to our Services, we will collect your personal details including but not limited to your real name, user name, address, telephone, email address and any other information you submit when you create an account and make an online purchase.
4.2 When you use our Services, we will collect, process and store information about you that is provided by you, or collected automatically by us, when you use our Services, explore our Services, or interact with us. Examples of the data we will gather related to these activities includes:
- information you populate your profile with including any images;
- messages that you send or receive through our site;
- customer support enquiries we receive from you by other means;
- participation in user surveys or competitions and any feedback provided to us;
- records of your activity including postings to our forums or other areas of the Service;
- details of any transactions that you carry out, including any information we require to provide the Service that you sign up to;
- your location according to the IP address assigned to your computer or mobile device by your internet service provider, and mobile location data; and
- usage data about how you use our site.
4.3 We can collect location data from your computer and mobile device. When accessing the Services from a mobile device you will be given the option to allow location sharing with our application. If you do not wish to share your location data with us please turn off this feature by following your mobile device instructions to do so. We can track your IP address if you are using a computer to access the Services. We also use your location data to research our own Services, develop new products and improve our Services, including using third parties to help us either provide the Services to you or develop new ones, and target advertising to suit your user experience.
5. How We Use Your Information
We process data we collect from you for the following purposes, to:
- grant you and allow you continued access to our Services;
- administer your account;
- help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Services;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Services;
- help personalise your repeat visits to and usage of the Services;
- communicate with you about your account;
- provide you with information on products or services and offers;
- answer any questions or respond to any comments you may send to us;
- notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site;
- carry out market analysis and research;
- ensure that you are complying with the Terms & Conditions of use and to
comply with our and your statutory and regulatory obligations.
6. Marketing And Publicity
6.1 By posting information or content including but not limited to copyrighted content, name and likeness and photographs to your profile pages or any public area of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide licence to use, copy, publish, display, reformat, translate and distribute, and broadcast, such information or content and to grant and authorise sub-licences of the same. You further waive any moral or potential infringements rights you may have in any such information or content. Specifically please note that we may use any of your content, including your photographs for the purposes of advertising or publicity in various ways including case studies on our websites and other marketing materials. If you do not wish us to do this, please contact us.
6.2 We may use your information to develop and deliver targeted advertising to you of our own products and services. We may send you information about our products and services, news and offers, and selected third party products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may do this by contacting you through your email address or telephone phone number that you have provided. Any communication received from us will clearly state that it is being sent by us. You have the option to opt-out of our marketing communications at any time (see below).
6.3 If you change your mind about the marketing consent you have granted to us, you can amend your consents by contacting us.
7. Where We Store Your Data
8. Keeping Your Data Secure
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or user ID which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping the password or user ID confidential. We ask you not to share a password or user ID code with anyone.
Cookies help us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences and customise our Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to any website or application;
- provide statistical information: non-personal data may be gathered on our behalf using cookies, log file data, and code that is embedded on our websites by specific third party partners to help these selected third parties to deliver relevant advertisements to you.
We use this non-personal information to help improve the services we provide to you. When you visit the publicly available sections of the Services, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies (also known as local storage devices) on members’ computers, so that we remember them to make your login in process faster and easier.
- by using the opt-outs provided below;
- by visiting www.youronlinechoices.com; or
- through your browser, as explained below.
You can also block cookies by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Site cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser. Disabling a cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
9.2 This table shows fully the cookie functions and why they are used, although our uses may change over time and it is important that you revisit this page to understand these uses:
Analytics And Research
We may use the information collected by Google Analytics to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here
Cookies help us to identify our members so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy all of the features without having to continually log in – our website “remembers” you and allows you full access without the need to keep entering your log in details.
Security And Site Integrity
Site Features And Services
We need to use certain cookies and local storage devices to ensure our members have the best possible experience, such assisting with your navigation of our site, ensuring pages load up quickly and respond faster to your requests for our Services.
10. Our Rights To Amend This Policy
11. Links To Other Third Party Websites
Our websites, apps, and promotional materials, may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our third party networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.